LondonEnergy Limited (LEL) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of those with whom we interact. We recognise the need to protect your personal information which we process when provided by you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the Data Protection Act 2018 and any other applicable privacy laws.
LEL is responsible for the data we collect and process for our own purposes and are committed to maintaining the security and privacy of the personal data we process, whether through our website or through our interactions with suppliers, our community or industry partners.
Personal Information and what personal information does LondonEnergy Limited collect about you?
For the purposes of this Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement document, "Personal Information" consists of any information that relates to you and/or information from which you can be identified, directly or indirectly. For example, information which identifies you may consist of your name, address, telephone number, photographs, location data or one or more factors specific to your physical, economic, cultural or social identity. When we combine other information (i.e. information that does not, on its own, identify you) with Personal Information, we treat the combined information as Personal Information.
Information given by you will be received by LEL. We will treat all information given by you in confidence and in accordance with the UK GDPR, tailored by the DPA 2018. We will not disclose this information to any third parties except (a) where required or permitted by law; or (b) where your consent has been received.
You may submit personal information about yourself (for example your name and email address etc.) in order to receive or use services. When we collect this information, we will only do so over a secure connection. All your information will be protected and used by LEL only.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
- Personal Information directly provided by you
You may provide us with personal information such as your contact information, identification details and financial data (such as your name, home address, telephone number and bank account information) by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, post or otherwise.
We may capture photographs or video images of you by way of CCTV in operation throughout LEL controlled sites and offices.
LEL recognises that ease of access to their sites is essential to the business, allowing its customers to deliver and deposit waste in a timely manner and then to leave the sites. Therefore, LEL shall ensure that all persons that enter the sites are accounted for while they are on the sites from both a safety and a security perspective.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the Personal Information we collect for:
- Analysis purposes;
- Customer support;
- Service improvement;
- General business purposes;
- Carrying out our legal obligations;
- Prevention of accidents on LEL controlled sites;
- For training and quality purposes;
- Internal compliance monitoring; and
- Internal record keeping in compliance with GDPR.
The law allows us to use the Personal Information as set out above on the basis that the processing is necessary in the following circumstances:
- On the basis that we are acting in our “legitimate interests” e.g. for the purposes of effective business management;
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation; or
- More rarely, we may need to use your Personal Information in order to protect your vital interests e.g. we may need to disclose information regarding your health to a hospital in the event of a medical emergency.
How do we ensure the security of your personal information and who do we disclose your information to?
We will only use your Personal Information for our internal business purposes, some of which are mentioned above. We do not sell any of your Personal Information to third parties. However, we may disclose your information to service providers, email support services, regulators, legal teams, accountants and actuaries, to our public authority shareholders for the purposes of key performance indicator reporting and to all parts of LEL.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Information we collect in connection with our Services. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees and agents who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long do we store your personal information for?
We retain the data we collect for a maximum of 12 months in order to maintain a record of the number of visits and enquiries.
Your rights in relation to your data
Under Data Protection Law you have a number of rights in respect to how your personal data is processed. You can exercise these rights by emailing LEL at email@example.com or by writing to LondonEnergy Ltd, EcoPark, Advent Way, London, N18 3AG.
You therefore have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- The right to be informed – You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data in a precise, transparent, comprehensible and easily accessible form.
- The right to access – You have the right to request LEL for copies of your personal data. LEL may charge a £10 fee for this.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that LEL correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request LEL to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that LEL erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that LEL restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that LEL transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to LEL’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can do one of the following:
- Complete a Subject Access Request
- Contact LEL’s Data Protection Officer via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact LEL’s Data Protection Officer via post to the following address:
Name: Paul Rooney, Data Protection Officer
Postal Address: LondonEnergy Ltd, EcoPark, Advent Way, Edmonton, London, N18 3AG
We may ask you for identification prior to disclosing any data, as we need to ensure we only disclose information to the person entitled to it.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Regulator, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Postal Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Live Chat: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/live-chat
Online Form https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Changes to our Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement
LEL keeps its Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement under regular review and places any updates on this web page. This Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement was last updated on 11/10/2021.